Virtual board portals, which are used as the main working tool, are capable of handling a wide range of tasks. Moreover – their use contributes not only to the fast and accurate execution of tasks but also to optimizing the work process and eliminating unimportant operations. But the main and indisputable advantage of virtual portals is their ability to protect the work process at the highest level. How virtual portals for the board can protect the exchange of corporate data and how they can be used further – read our article.
Key tools to secure virtual portals
Modern board software offers its customers a comprehensive system of protection, which can be used to ensure the safety of the entire workflow, not just individual tasks. But this protection system is especially effective for document exchange among board members. In particular, this is facilitated by:
- Document user rights management. Only a limited number of users can gain access to the data used by the members of the board of directors. At the same time, each of them can be assigned certain rights to use corporate data – for example, to view documents only or to download them to their devices, etc. Such measures help to clearly control the actions of users to prevent misuse of documents.
- Data encryption systems. Virtual platforms can’t always protect data from outside interference, but you can use data encryption systems to do so. They work during an unauthorized access to the file storage, and protect the contents of the documents – attackers simply can not use the data, because it will be encrypted and unusable for further use.
- Firewalls. These digital security tools are common enough in today’s marketplace to be used independently of virtual platforms. They provide protection while working online and prevent access to malicious sites and programs. Their use in virtual board portals provides the highest level of protection during board meetings and real-time document sharing.
- Immediate document security tools. When sharing corporate data, board members can use additional file security tools – such as electronic signatures and digital watermarks. Many modern portals provide such options, which, together with other security tools, can ensure the integrity of the document process not only during meetings but also during other business hours.
The beauty of virtual platforms is that their options can be used not only by members of executive management but also by ordinary staff members.
Benefits of using virtual portals
In addition to being used to organize the secure exchange of documents, using virtual platforms offers other benefits to its users, including:
- Higher speed in sharing data and performing individual work operations;
- Variability in the use of work tools;
- The convenience of work from any user device regardless of location;
- Economic benefits, since board portal costs do not cause significant damage to the corporate budget.
The use of virtual portals in the work of the board of directors is able not only to secure the work process but also to improve it through the introduction of more effective tools of work. So if your goal is to secure corporate data sharing and improve company operations as a whole, it is worth thinking about implementing virtual portals.